ver⋅bose   /vərˈboʊs/
–adjective characterized by the use of many or too many words; wordy

mo⋅rose   /məˈroʊs/
–adjective 1. gloomily or sullenly ill-humored, as a person or mood. 2. characterized by or expressing gloom.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why don't you sit right down and make me smile? You make me feel like I am just a child.

what a day! long, lazy, lovely. i started the day with nothing but the most arbitrary of plans: go to the bank and the grocery store. that's it. then hannah says she wants to do happy hour at the tikibar so, save for listening to she & him on vinyl all morning and puttering around the house, my day pretty much started at 6 when hannah got of work. well, let me tell ya! the drinks at the forbidden island are quite strong! i had two blue, fruity things called "neptune's garden" and was feeling pretty good. i brought along my diana+ with the instant back in tow and took a few pictures. (i was too impatient to wait and scan my favorites, so i got a little ghetto and took pictures of a few of them with my phone and sent them to myself:
Photobucket
a double exposure of a neptune's garden

then we headed over to hannah's new place and met up with vanessa and renee, two very lovely ladies! vanessa is quite the photographer, and shooting with my diana+ instant back made her giddy! she had a helluva time shooting me, which was sweet because i rarely do get a picture of myself...
Photobucket
and then i saw hannah's AWESOME heart pillow and had an epiphany that culminated in 20 minutes of shooting:
Photobucket
after a few beers and some snacks, it was time to head home- alllll the way upstairs (i told you hannah moved in downstairs, right?) where i started in reading my polaroid blog and was super inspired by all of her compostiions. i decided, even though i was terribly exhausted, to give them a go myself.
Photobucket
well, long story short, i had ordered the instant back and a 10 pack of fuji instamax film (100 photos). i have about 5 photos left and the package arrived saturday morning. what do you think? i ordered more film and will do better (aka actual) scans of all the worthwile pictures by the end of the week. but for now, it's off to bed!

1 comment:

SR said...

instant back for the diana = excellent decision, clearly