ver⋅bose   /vərˈboʊs/
–adjective characterized by the use of many or too many words; wordy

mo⋅rose   /məˈroʊs/
–adjective 1. gloomily or sullenly ill-humored, as a person or mood. 2. characterized by or expressing gloom.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Top 10 Albums of All Time

Photobucket

1. Modest Mouse, The Moon and Antarctica (this is the first album that I ever truly loved, and that really changed me in some way)
2. Devendra Banhart, Rejoicing in the Hands (the first album of his I bought; it's soooo good!)
3. Rolling Stones, Sticky Fingers (does it impress you that I have this LP, with the original album cover designed by Andy Warhol with the functioning zipper?)
4. The Violent Femmes, self-titled (need I say more?)
5. Metric, Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? (her voice is beautiful, and there is a song on here for every mood)
6. Spoon, Kill the Moonlight (this album has a lot of longevity, and it has a lot of memories attached to it for me)
7. The Beatles, Rubber Soul (but it's a toss-up between this and the White Album)
8. Coconut Records, Nighttiming (summer '07 all day every day!)
9. Modest Mouse, Building Nothing Out of Something (because I love them enough to give them two spots)
10. The Beach Boys, Pet Sounds (born and raised)

Oh man, that was hard.

No comments: