ver⋅bose   /vərˈboʊs/
–adjective characterized by the use of many or too many words; wordy

mo⋅rose   /məˈroʊs/
–adjective 1. gloomily or sullenly ill-humored, as a person or mood. 2. characterized by or expressing gloom.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

my turn

here is the aforementioned story of mine:

a few saturdays ago it was quite busy. we normally have four servers but we had three, on a saturday afternoon. so i'm motoring along, doing my thang, and everthing is gravy. i am doing fine because i have this sort of "revolving script" going on so i can just act and not really think. my manager brooke seats me a couple who is blind. again, no problem. she approaches me and asks me if i've ever served them before. i take a peek and say no. she states that they are blind. uhuh. she tells me i might need to answer some questions about the menu, that i should tell them about the specials and suggest specific drinks. k, got it. not my first time around the block, right?

i approach them, they are super sweet, answer a few questions and we are on our way. i give them their drinks. i drop their appetizer, send through their entree, blahblah. the server needs to check on the table within two minutes of them receiving their entree. three of my tables receive their food at the same time. still, no big deal. i have my "revolving script."

first table: "how we doin' over here guys? good?" ("fine, thanks!" move on)

second table: "how're those piadines treatin' ya, ladies?" ("awesome!" move on)



and this is what Brain tells Mouth to say to the

third table (blind couple): "is everything as good as it looks?" yup. cool as a cucumber, sally. really?

No comments: