ver⋅bose   /vərˈboʊs/
–adjective characterized by the use of many or too many words; wordy

mo⋅rose   /məˈroʊs/
–adjective 1. gloomily or sullenly ill-humored, as a person or mood. 2. characterized by or expressing gloom.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

hynotize me! lobotomize me!

otherwise i will NEVER be "good with money." that's in quotes because i'm not bad with money, i'm just...
well, i work very hard. i know that this is what i have to do. but i got kind of a late start on this mentality so.... i don't know. i'm left in this place where a) i work hard for my money, but b) i want what i want and i want it now, but also c) i know my limits and don't tend to desire big ticket/expensive items.
does this all make sense? k, good. now i can tell you what happened. i made good money tonight, thank the lord. i just paid my cable and phone bill this weekend and rent is due on tuesday. i also needed to buy coachella tickets and i honestly assumed up until earlier this week that my cable would be turned off. ANYWAY, i came home tonight and about three phone calls to livia and a quick peek at my wellsfargo account online, i purchased three- 3 day passes and three camping passes. i'll leave you to guess how much that cost. so after it went through i went and looked at my bank account... 'cause i'm a masochist.
but wait, all the bills and the tickets went through and more than enough money for rent?
more than enough?!
what the deuce?! as an adult, i can say that there are few greater pleasures in life than finding out you have more money than you thought you did! but here's why i'm crazy: to celebrate i went to american apparel online and bought $75 worth of t-shirts! tada! what, it's free shipping?
yeah, i have a problem, ok?


"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart."
-e.e. cummings

No comments: